Several years ago I made a personal decision for all of my Mile High Karate staff and martial arts instructors to donate 30 to 40 hours per month of their time to local elementary Schools and youth programs.
In addition to their time, each of my Mile High Karate schools donate all supplies, uniforms, and other support materials (approximately $50 per participating student) for these programs while donating 100% of the money raised from the programs back to your school.
Each year we teach over 30,000 area children and raise over $100,000.00 for area elementary schools.
Since that time Mile High Karate instructors have taught many, many thousands of kids in all over the world, in the Jefferson County , Adams County , Boulder County , Denver , Cherry Creek, Aurora , Littleton , and Douglas County Schools in Colorado, as well as Districts in Fresno California, Orlando Florida, Bossier City Louisiana, Sterling Virginia, Dayton Ohio, Dunkirk Maryland, Gold Coast Queensland Australia, and Tauranga New Zealand, and MANY others .
Mile High Karate has been established as the “Gold Standard” in character development for children and families for over 25 years and has had an incalculable impact on the community through the instruction provided for tens of thousands of families all over the world.
If you would like to discuss having an expert Mile High Karate “Character Education and Martial Arts” instructor teach a program at your school then please review the enclosed information and contact us to set a time and date.
I am personally involved with Chuck Norris’ Kick Drugs Out of America – have been their leading fundraiser in the United States and am involved with teacher training for their organization and 1,600 martial arts school throughout the country. My instructor is Grand Master Jhoon Rhee – who has been the official karate instructor for the congress and senate for over 30 years and is working to develop the Joy of Discipline program with the help of the secretary of education and many reknown educators.
The structure of the program is as follows:
One class (usually during gym class) with each student in your school :
- Why should you be a good student?
- Why you must think for yourself and not follow the crowd.
- Learning Skills – the “4 Laws of Concentration”:
• Focus your eyes;
• Focus your ears;
• Focus your body;
• Focus your mind.
- How to deal with a bully:
A third path – effective communications skills
- Basic defense:
• How to defuse the fight;
• Basic Block & Duck;
• Safety first.
- Why you should never be a bully.
No offensive techniques – no punching or kicking – are taught during the gym classes.
S ix class after school enrichment program :
- Twice per week for three weeks or three days per week for two weeks days 45 minutes beginning immediately after school.
- Lessons taught are primarily focused around respect, discipline and learning skills.
- Parents pay $20 for this class. 100% of the fee is retained for your school. The checks are made payable to your school as well.
- The martial arts content of the program is focused primarily on communications skills and basic defense skills. The kids do not become abusive or use the skills offensively.
- The kids have daily homework assignments that are character and discipline related and encourage parent participation during the program.
This is NOT a regular karate class held after-school.
It is a behavior modification program that with emphasis on respect and discipline. Hopefully you will see positive behavior changes in all participants. If any of your children play with the skills taught in the class please let me know immediately so that I can correct that misbehavior.
Again, We volunteer our time and all necessary support materials in order to to have a positive impact on the participants and on the community and hopefully have some of the children interested enough to enroll in our program. We do require a minimum of 25 participants per program.
Our program has been developed in conjunction with Ph.D. Educators and Psychologists and has received accolades from educators in Cherry Creek, Douglas County, Jefferson County, Adams County, Boulder County, and Denver Public Schools.
Many, many references are available from educators as well as parents.
All classes have been very well received. Please call the Mile High Karate closest to you to discuss holding a program at your school.
Stephen Oliver, MBA
7 th Degree Black Belt
P.S. Additionally, we provide programs resources to area schools including:
- Character Education Program
- Gym Teacher for the Day
- Show and Tell
- Carnival and Festival Games/Booths and Sponsorships
- Career Days
- Foreign Culture Days
- Fund Raisers
- Teacher Training in:
- Bully strategies
- Non-Violent Self-Defense
- Teacher communications skills